Here are some key dates to keep in mind as we move through the year:
- January: Exhibitor Registrations open. Now is your time to become a part of Canada’s largest outdoor bookstore. For more information, pre-register online. Our Early Bird rates close on February 28th, so now’s a great time to reserve your space! If you are a visitor, keep an eye on the Marketplace section of our website. It will constantly be updated throughout the year with 2013′s exhibitors. Get a head start and pre-plan your day of shopping and discovering great new reads.
- January: Advertising opens. Advertising space is available in our Official Festival Program and KidStreet Festival Guide. Our programs are the #1 tool used by festival visitors to learn about and get around the festival! Here’s your chance to put your name in their hands. For more information email me (Cailin).
- March/April: Author submission period begins. The Word On The Street welcomes publishers and authors to submit their books (published between Oct. 2012 – Oct. 2013) to be considered for one of our programming venues. Keep an eye on our website for more info about the Author Submission process.
- June: Volunteer intake begins. The festival offers a variety of work experience for volunteers who want to help us make this year’s festival a success. From pre-festival administrative tasks, to author liaison positions, to on-site customer service positions, there is plenty of work to be done. Volunteers also get lots of fun perks along the way! Pre-register to be a volunteer here
- July: The programming line-up is finalized! Check our website for an updated list of authors appearing at this year’s The Word On The Street
- August 30: Exhibitor Registration closes.
- Sept. 22: Festival Day! 11am-6pm. It’s going to be an amazing day!
Want tidbits and updates about this year’s festival, conveniently delivered to your inbox? Why not sign up for our e-newsletter?