This morning the shortlist for the 2013 Griffin Poetry Prize was announced in Toronto. The prize awards $65,000 each to one Canadian, and one international poet.
The shortlisted Canadian titles are:
- What’s the Score? – David W. McFadden
- Sailing to Babylon – James Pollock
- Personals – Ian Williams
- Like a Straw Bird It Follows Me, and Other Poems – Fady Joudah, translated from the Arabic, written by Ghassan Zaqtan
- Liquid Nitrogen – Jennifer Maiden
- Night of the Republic – Alan Shapiro
- Our Andromeda – Brenda Shaughnessy
Each of the shortlisted poets will be invited to read at Koerner Hall on June 12th, and the winners will be announced on June 13th at the Griffin Poetry Prize Awards evening.
- What do you think of the 2013 finalists?
- Do you believe awards like the Griffin Poetry Prize help bring poetry to the mainstream of our culture?
- How do you incorporate poetry into your daily life?
*Prize must be picked up from The Word On The Street’s office, located at 67 Mowat Ave., Suite 242, Toronto. The winner will be notified in the comments section of this blog post on Friday, April 12th, 2013.