Thanks to everyone who came out The Word On The Street’s Karaoke Fundraiser Night at the Gladstone Hotel!
We’re happy to report that the night was a great success with amazing singers taking to the stage and singing their hearts out. It’s impossible to choose a favourite performance from the night, though renditions of I’d Do Anything for Love (But I Won’t Do That), Wuthering Heights, Back Door Man, Jolene, I Move On, and Shoop were some of our staff’s favourites.
Thanks to the contributions of everyone who came out, we raised a total of $788, which will go toward producing the Open Mic Hour for writers aged 13 to 19. A selection of talented young artists will present their works on the This Is Not The Shakespeare Stage at 12:40 pm.
- Starbucks gift pack – Tanya Lukezic
- Starbucks gift pack – Edna Rhudgar
- Mysteriously Yours (2 tickets) – James Harper
- Teavana gift basket – Jenn Asselin
- Opera Atelier (2 tickets) – Holly Kent
- Outer Layer gift basket – Rose Napoli
- Medieval Times (2 tickets) – Sean Campbell
- Gardiner Museum (4 tickets + souvenir guide) – Laura Keeler-Lavin
- The Sony Centre For The Performing Arts (2 vouchers for 2013/ 2014 season) – Bryan Ibeas
- National Ballet of Canada (signed ballet shoes & poster) – Tammy Bellevre
- Indigo gift card – Kara Haflidson
- Canadian Opera Company (2 tickets) – Laura Mendes
Thank you to all the generous organizations and individuals who donated to make The Word On The Street’s Karaoke Fundraiser event a success. We can’t wait to do it again!
PS. Keep your eyes on our Facebook page for Karaoke Night photos – coming soon!