As a non-profit organization, The Word On The Street relies on the support of our community to continue to bring a free and 100% Canadian literary festival to Toronto.
This year’s festival takes place along Queen’s Park Circle on Sunday, September 21, but leading up to the big day there’s another great way to get involved and support the festival!
Back by popular demand: Friend An Author
Friend An Author is a yearly fundraising campaign, hosted by The Word On The Street Canada in cooperation with The Word On The Street Toronto. It provides literary lovers like you with a unique way to show your support for both the Festival and our wonderful Canadian authors.
For $100, participants in the Friend An Author program receive:
- The chance to friend an author of your choice from the provided list of available authors
- A copy of the book with the opportunity to have it signed by the author at the festival after their reading!
- Recognition for your contribution at the festival. Your name will be announced on stage by the host prior to your author’s reading
- Recognition in the 2015 Official Festival Program
- A tax receipt for your charitable contribution
- A unique and memorable way to show support for Canadian literature and Canada’s largest one-day literary festival!
Participating authors in 2014 include Robyn Doolittle, Kenneth Oppel, Dan Riskin, Russell Wangersky, Andrew Pyper and many more! Full details can be found on our website here.