If you haven’t heard, your favourite literary festival will be taking place lakeside this year! The Word On The Street is moving to Harbourfront Centre for its 26th festival on Sunday, September 27th.
To get our volunteers familiar with the new lay of the land, we hosted a Volunteer Photo Scavenger Hunt. Armed with a festival map, each team moved through the site completing challenges before time ran out. Here are some of the challenges they had to complete:
- The Brigantine Room and Tent will house our Indoor TD KidStreet Exhibitors. The white wall outside the Brigantine Room is your canvas. Make a human mural depicting the title of a favourite book. Points for creativity!
- Canada Square is the site of this year’s Poetry Slam. Take a picture of the most Canadian thing you can find.
- Introduce yourselves to a stranger, tell them about The Word On The Street Festival moving to Harbourfront Centre this year. Then take an Ellen-style-selfie. Everyone must be in the picture, including your new friend.
- For the first time ever The Word On The Street will have Author Cruises. Take a picture next to the boat with your favourite name!
- Our Children’s Activity Tent will take place at Purina PawsWay, a pet-friendly location. Take a picture with the animals out front.
For more photos search the hashtag #wotsphotohunt on Twitter!
To sign up to volunteer, fill out the online form here: http://www.thewordonthestreet.ca/wots/toronto/getinvolved/volunteer